A volcano erupted in East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia. Forcing 700 residents to get to safety in order to prevent ashes and smoke from rising up to four kilometers in the sky
A volcano erupted in East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia. Brings 700 residents to safety.
The volcano is currently spewing ash and smoke up to four kilometers into the sky, the country’s civil protection agency said.
The erupting volcano was referred to as Mt. Ile Lewotolok and is about 2. 600 kilometers from Jakarta, the capital of Indonesia.
Raditya Jati, a spokesman for the agency, said in a statement that it caused panic among people living nearby.
About 2. 780 people from 26 villages in the area have sought refuge and no casualties have been reported so far, Jati said.
Eyewitness Muhammad Ilham, 17, told Reuters that nearby residents have « panicked and are still seeking refuge and need money right now ».
On its website, the Indonesian Center for Volcanology and Geological Hazard Reduction said that « hot clouds, lava flow, lava hawks and toxic gas » were likely to be seen in the surrounding areas. .
Kasbani, the head of the center, told Reuters that the volcano’s status was raised to the second highest level in Indonesia’s four-level alert system due to « increasing threats ». .
It is reported that there are three other volcanoes that have been given this level, the agency said.
These include the Merapi Volcano on Java Island and Sinabung on Sumatra, which erupted this month.
Many of these may be very active. It can take weeks or months for activity to occur.
volcano, Indonesia, volcanic eruption, Lewotolo
EbeneMagazine – CA – Thousands flee as the Jakarta volcano spits ash and smoke into the sky
. . Related title :
– The Indonesian volcano erupts and forces residents to flee
– Indonesia& # 39; s Mount Ili erupts on Sunday and triggers flight warning and closure of the local airport
– > Jakarta eruption: Thousands flee as the volcano explodes and spits ash and smoke into the sky
– The Indonesian volcano erupts, forcing thousands to flee their island homes as a huge cloud of deadly gas fills the sky and . . .
– >> The Indonesian volcano Mount Ili Lewotolok erupts, airport closes
– Indonesian volcano belches huge tower of smoke and ashes; triggers flight warning (update)
– Volcano explodes in massive eruption, forcing thousands to escape from their homes
– Indonesia& # 39; s Mount Ili Lewotolok erupts, sending thick black smoke up to 4 km
– Indonesia volcanic eruption sees thousands flee when smoke and ash rise into the sky
– > volcano erupts in Indonesia, throwing smoke four kilometers into the air