It’s a new week, but the Detroit Pistons are still moving for a week after the NBA’s trade moratorium was lifted.
The Pistons swapped center Tony Bradley for the Philadelphia 76ers in exchange for Zhaire Smith, ESPN reported on Sunday. Trading brings some balance to a destitute squad as Smith is a 6-foot-3 wing with elite athleticism.
As 16. Choosing the 2018 NBA draft, Smith has played 13 games in two seasons, partly due to injury battles. A broken foot and a sesame allergic reaction that took him to the hospital delayed his rookie debut until March 2019 when he played six games with the playoff-competing Sixers.
He spent much of his sophomore season in the G League with the Philadelphia Blue Coats, averaging 13 years old. 5 points in 28 games, 53% of his shots and 37. 6% of his 4th. 2 3-point attempts per game (44 for 117). He played seven games with the Sixers last season.
Smith, 21, makes $ 3. 2 million this season for his rookie deal, with a team option for $ 4. 9 million in 2021-22. The pistons must exercise this option by December. 29.
An unannounced high school recruit, Smith shone as a striker at Texas Tech where his work ethic, athleticism, and defense helped him compete against bigger players as a freshman. He was 11 on average. 3 points, five rebounds, 1. 8 templates, 1. 1 steals and 1. 1 blocks in 21 of 37 games when the Red Raiders went 27-10 and lost in the Elite Eight of the 2018 NCAA tournament.
He agreed to the draft and was part of a deal with the Phoenix Suns made by Sixers for Smith striker Mikal Bridges (10. Wahl) and acquired an unprotected selection for the first round in 2021 via Miami.
The Pistons acquired Bradley, 22, and his $ 3. 5 million contract together with the No.. 38 Pick in the Draft (Vanderbilt guard Saben Lee) Wednesday from Utah for cash considerations.
Bradley average of 4. 9 points and 4. 6 rebounds for last season’s jazz. He was the 28th. Overall winner in 2017.
Contact Omari Sankofa II at osankofa @ freepress. com. Follow him on Twitter @omarisankofa. Read more about the Detroit Pistons and subscribe to our Pistons newsletter.
Philadelphia 76ers, Zhaire Smith, Detroit Pistons, Tony Bradley and Utah Jazz
EbeneMagazine – USA – Detroit Pistons continue to do business and land Zhaire Smith of the Philadelphia 76ers
. . Related title :
– Detroit Pistons continues to do business Stores, Country Zhaire Smith of Philadelphia 76ers
– The Sixers switched to Zhaire Smith in the first round on Sunday from 2018.
– Report: Sixers to trade Zhaire Smith for Tony Bradley for Pistons
– Pistons get Zhaire Smith from 76ers for Tony Bradley
– Sixers exchange Zhaire Smith for Detroit Pistons for the great Tony Bradley
– Source: Sixers exchange Zhaire Smith, acquire Tony Bradley
– Pistons allegedly take over Guard Zhaire Smith, send the center Tony Bradley to 76ers
– Quell en: Philadelphia 76ers trade Zhaire Smith for Pistons for Tony Bradley
– Report: Philadelphia exchanges Zhaire Smith for Tony Bradley to Detroit
– Report: Sixers Trade Guard Zhaire Smith against Pistons for Tony Bradley