Most of the time, there are concerns that a team must be on the go, but was there a significant difference for the Steelers in 2020?
The Pittsburgh Steelers are 9-0 and aim to make double-digit profits in just 10 for the first time in franchise history. The next test is a trip to Jacksonville to compete against the 1-8 Jaguars. Despite being at the bottom of the NFL rating and losing eight games in a row, taking to the streets can be a problem at times.
In this part of Crunching the Numbers, we’re going to look at some of the numbers of how the Steelers have done on the streets this season.
When it comes to the offense, the Steelers have an average of 26. 25 points per game in four street competitions in 2020. While this is a very solid total score, it’s almost a touchdown less than what they averaged at home which is 33. 2 points per game.
When it comes to defense, the Steelers only give up 20. 75 points per game on the road. If you compare it to their home games, it’s little more than a field goal as they average 17 at home. 6 points given per game.
Something that skews the numbers in street games is that the Steelers were underdogs in two of the four games they played on the street. The Steelers were one point underdogs in Tennessee in week 7, followed by four point underdogs in Baltimore in week 8. As we know, the Steelers won both games. With half of the Steelers street games played against teams they shouldn’t be beating, the fact that their numbers aren’t showing a big drop is of great concern. At home games in 2020, the Steelers were favored by at least one field goal in every game.
The Steelers didn’t get to quarterback on the street as often in 2020 as their average 2. 75 bags per game. When the Steelers play at home, they almost double on average as they average 5 sacks per competition.
One of the many stats that doesn’t see a huge significant difference between the Steelers at home and on the go is their ability to take the ball away. The Steelers have an average of 2 takeaways per game, while at Heinz Field they are a little less on average with 1. 8 per game.
To put it all back into reality, the most important thing is that the Steelers have already scored four road wins in 2020. Despite being underdogs in two games, the Steelers have four road wins and are looking for number five in Jacksonville.
Speaking of Jacksonville, the Pittsburgh Steelers play a lot better on the street when they face the Jaguars than when they play at home under Mike Tomlin. Since 2007 the Steelers have been unbeaten 3-0 in Jacksonville. Their only road record that matches this mark is in Indianapolis. At home, including the playoffs, it’s a different story altogether as the Steelers only play 1-4 against the Jaguars, where the only win was a narrow win in a game favored by 12. 5 points.
So there are some numbers in relation to the Steelers when it comes to taking to the streets. While there is a small decrease when the team plays away from Heinz Field, they also played higher competition and still got away with the win. Most importantly, Jacksonville seems like one of those places Steelers didn’t bother taking to the streets.
Pittsburgh Steelers, Jacksonville Jaguars, NFL, Baltimore Ravens
EbeneMagazine – USA – Crunching the Numbers: The Steelers’ Path to 10 Wins
. . Related Title :
– Crunching the Numbers: The Steelers& # 39; Path to 10 victories
– The roller coaster that is the trust of Steelers fans is, increases after the last win
– Steelers vs.. . Jaguars quotas & Tips: How to set the matchup of Sunday& # 39
– <a href = "/? S = Jaguars vs. . Steelers: 3 Keys to a Jacksonville Victory Jaguars vs.. . Steelers: 3 Keys to a Jacksonville Victory
– 3 Keys of the Week Steelers vs.. . Jacksonville Jaguars
– 2020 NFL Distribution Map: Verify You Have the Steelers vs.. . Jaguars game in week 11
– <a href = "/? S = Jaguars vs. . Steelers: Keys To Victory Jaguars vs.. . Steelers: Keys to Victory
– Steelers vs.. . Jaguars Coverage Map: Where can NFL fans watch the 11th game?. Week on TV?
– Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: LIVE Stream Online- and NFL -Updates (0-0)
– Jaguars QB Gardner Minshew II Out vs.. . Steelers with thumb injury