On Friday the International Monetary Fund published a new working paper on Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs) and their legal implications.
In the paper, researchers, including IMF legal advisor Wouter Bossu and Catalina Margulis, argue that the current framework is insufficient for publicly accessible CBDCs to be released. Researchers are particularly concerned about how existing definitions of money can be applied to such a new technology, but they are optimistic that the problem is simple enough to fix:
A decline in Bitcoin price (BTC) is likely based on several on-chain data points, namely the SOPR (Spent Output Profit Ratio) indicator, stable Bitcoin inflows, and stacked sales. . .
One of the biggest challenges for emerging markets is volatility. Driven by political and economic instability, reliance on a limited number of industries and constraints. . .
While 2020 will be considered one of the most difficult countries in the world for many years, the success of the decentralized financial sector is an important milestone for. . .
We encourage you to use comments to connect with users, share your perspective, and ask questions of authors and each other. However, keep the following criteria in mind in order to sustain the high level of discourse we all value and expect.
Offenders of spam or abuse will be deleted from the website and excluded from future registration with Investing. at the discretion of com.
This way you and% USER_NAME% cannot be seen
invest each other. Posts from com.
Central bank digital currency, central bank, cryptocurrency, finance, monetary policy
levelMagazine – CA – IMF lawyers argue that central banks need reforms before they can issue CBDCs
. . Related title :
– IMF- Lawyers argue that central banks must be reformed before they can issue CBDCs
– The Cashless Society: Digital currencies and central bank cryptocurrencies
– digital yen will last for years, says ex-bank of Japan- Chief
– Research by Research by the International Monetary Fund & suggests that central banks need new legal definitions for CBDCs.
– The ECB suggests that losing the CBDC race & # 39; 39; Consequences
– The blockchain activity in November in Norway points to a new CBDC
– ECB research confirms the influence of the CBDC on foreign trade
– European Union Explores Digital Euro: Central Bank Seeks Public Feedback
– The digital yen will take years, says the ex-manager of the Bank of Japan.
– China&s winning CBDC approach