Borussia Dortmund said they will host Liverpool’s Champions League group stage match against Midtjylland on Dec. 9 after the fixture was moved from Denmark due to COVID-19 regulations in Britain.
The game had been due to take place at Midtjylland’s MCH Arena in Herning but was moved to a neutral venue because of the UK government’s requirement for those returning from Denmark to quarantine for 14 days, the Bundesliga club said.
“The UEFA Champions League group match between Midtjylland and Liverpool on December 9 will be held at Signal Iduna Park,” Dortmund said in a statement.
“The reason for the change in venue is the UK coronavirus regulations, which dictate that people returning from Denmark must spend 14 days in quarantine.
“Instead, Midtjylland and Liverpool – led by former BVB coach Juergen Klopp – will now go head-to-head in Dortmund. ”
Liverpool, who defeated Midtjylland 2-0 at Anfield last month, can qualify for the last 16 with a win over Ajax Amsterdam next week.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
Liverpool F. C. , UEFA Champions League, FC Midtjylland, Borussia Dortmund, Jürgen Klopp, Premier League
EbeneMagazine – IN – Liverpool to play their next UEFA Champions League match in Dortmund
. Related title:
– Liverpool to play their next UEFA Champions League match in Dortmund
– Liverpool WILL go to Denmark for Midtjylland Champions League clash as UK travel restrictions ease. . . meaning . . .
– Champions League: Liverpool-Midtjylland game to go ahead in Denmark
– Liverpool-Midtjylland UEFA Champions League Game to Be Held in Denmark
– Go-ahead given to Liverpool's Midtjylland trip
– Liverpool Champions League plans changed again as FC Midtjylland venue confirmed
– Soccer-Liverpool-Midtjylland Champions League game to go ahead in Denmark
– Liverpool vs. FC Midtjylland to take place in Denmark
– Liverpool confirm FC Midtjylland game to be played in Denmark