Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp believes the Premier League title race is wide open this year and fears it won’t be easy for the Reds against Manchester City to take the trophy. The former Borussia Dortmund boss believes Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham all have a chance to compete.
The Reds have started their title defense well and will be tied with Spurs at the top of the table if they later win against Leicester today (7). 3pm).
After Pep Guardiola heard the news that he had signed a new two-year deal in Manchester City, Klopp insisted there would be multiple challengers this season and in the years to come.
Among them are Chelsea, who got the season off to a good start after their summer shopping spree under Frank Lampard.
That was underlined yesterday when the Blues struck the Newcastle challenge with Timo Werner.
« But I’m a little afraid that it won’t be Guardiola against Klopp in the next few years because Frank (Lampard) and Chelsea are building a real team there.
« Man United are not going to stay without trying and Arsenal are going to do the same and are fine too. « .
« I forgot someone, not because I’m disrespectful, but because I’ve seen many other teams develop and see the steps they take.
DO NOT appoint MISSMan Utd as director of football which could lead to Ed Woodward’s exit. [NEWS] Agent of ‘next Mesut Ozil’ honored to be associated with Arsenal EXCLUSIVE]
Andy Robertson should be fit to face Leicester after suffering a thigh problem on international service with Scotland.
« Yes, I feel fit and ready to go, » the left-back told Liverpoolfc. com on the Friday before the Reds face Leicester City.
« I think I have a tighter Achilles tendon than usual against Man City right now.
« Then Thursday’s game was obviously a huge one for Scotland, 120 minutes long, and the penalties had been demanding.
« I wasn’t finished on Sunday and needed a little more time to recover from the game. But there were no real concerns. It was just the [risk] of doing something worse to the Achilles tendon, which was pretty high on Sunday, and the manager had made the call not to play me. Wednesday I was good to go.
« Now I’m ready for Sunday, I feel fully fit, I feel ready. I know some people were pretty concerned, but I suppose with the amount of injuries we had, people got used to it. But I am fully fit and ready to go. «
Liverpool will be looking for a big win tonight to keep the pace at the top of the table.
After the Leicester game, the Reds face Atalanta in the Champions League on Wednesday before heading to Brighton on Saturday for the Premier League.
Check out today’s front and back covers, download the newspaper,
Order previous editions and take advantage of the historic Daily Express
Liverpool F. . C.. . , Premier League, Jürgen Klopp, City of Leicester F. . C.. .
EbeneMagazine – GB – Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp explains why he is afraid of Chelsea and Manchester United
. . Related title :
– Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp explains why he has & # 39; Fear & # 39; from Chelsea and Manchester United
– Liverpool&s Jürgen Klopp longs for five U. -Boats before the full Christmas schedule
– Before their upcoming encounter on Merseyside, Brendan Rodgers and Christian Fuchs previewed the game with the . . .
– Premier League – Opinion: This could finally be Tottenham& # his 39; s year to win the Premier League
– Premier League: Klopp wants to have five subs before him of the busy Christmas schedule
– PREMIER LEAGUE: Liverpool in massive Leicester test as arsenal meets potential banana peel in Leeds
– > Klopp hopes Liverpool youth will advance in injury crisis
– 5 best left-backs in the Premier League this season (2020-21)
– Game plan dangerous for players, says Jürgen Klopp
– Premier League team news and prediction: Liverpool v Leicester