Liverpool will welcome Mohamed Salah back to his Champions League duel with Atalanta on Wednesday evening.
The Reds’ top scorer is available after missing out on Sunday’s Premier League win over Leicester after a positive coronavirus test in international outings with Egypt.
Jürgen Klopp confirmed on Tuesday that the 28-year-old had tested negative and was able to train again with Liverpool’s squad in Kirkby.
Salah could now return straight to the starting XI as the English champions try to secure a place in the Champions League knockout stage, which they can achieve with a win at Anfield on Wednesday night.
Klopp told reporters: “Mo trained with the team yesterday and looked really good. All tests were negative. If nothing changes now, it is available, which is good.
« Now we have to see what we do because he was quarantined until three days ago. ”
Liverpool, however, have to forego a number of first team players for the game against the Serie A team.
Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez are obviously out long-term with knee injuries, while Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain or Thiago Alcantara are unlikely to be ready to return for this game.
Naby Keita also picked up a problem with the Achilles tendon against Leicester, while Xherdan Shaqiri was completely out of action due to an unspecified muscle complaint. Neither of them are expected to be part of Klopp’s roster against Atalanta.
« Everything else, no news, » said Klopp. « One looks more closely, the other not that close, that’s the situation. We will see who is available.
« I don’t want to talk too much about this because I have no idea who Atalanta can bring. So why should we give them any information? «
Liverpool won 5-0 when the teams met in Bergamo earlier this month but Klopp is expecting tougher action on Merseyside.
« Atalanta would be a threat without a point to be proven, to be honest, » he said. “The night in Atalanta was really something special, we played exceptionally well and pretty much everything was right. Things came together and we won the game the way we won it.
« We know that this game tomorrow night has nothing to do with the game. We know we have to be ready again. Atalanta is a top team with a special style of play. We did well in Atalanta but we have to make it up or we will have problems.
« I expect trouble to be honest, because it always is. However, we try to work on the solutions in the short time we have. ”
He added, « It’s all on the table. It is clear that if we win, some problems will be solved. « . But we have to play, be ready to work really, really hard against them.
« This man-marking system is really difficult to play, which is why they have been so successful over the past few years. They won’t change, they will play in a similar way. We’ll see who we can line up tomorrow and try to make the best of the situation. ”
Copyright © 2020 Target. com All rights reserved. The information contained in target. com may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed in any way without Goal’s prior written consent. com
Liverpool F. . C.. . , Mohamed Salah, Jürgen Klopp, UEFA Champions League, Atalanta B. . C.. .
EbeneMagazine – AU – Salah returns to Liverpool against Atalanta, confirms Klopp | goal. com
. . Related title :
– Salah confirms he will play against Atalanta to return to Liverpool, confirms Klopp
– >> Liverpool’s injury fears subsided when Roberto Firmino and three more Miss Atalanta trainings
– > Is Liverpool against Atalanta on TV? Kick-off time, channel and how to watch the game in the Champions League
– Liverpool vs.. . Atalanta on CBS All Access: Champions League live stream, as seen on TV, odds, news
– Jürgen Klopp provides a full update of Liverpool’s injury list & # 39; before Atalanta
– UEFA Champions League: Mohammed Salah available for Liverpool after negative test for Covid -19
– Jürgen Klopp on Atalanta challenge, CL qualification and Curtis Jones
– Salah to return; Klopp publishes Liverpool injury update
– Jürgen Klopp confirms that Mohamed Salah will then play against Atalanta in the Champions League . . .
– Liverpool gets a huge boost as the star returns against Atalanta