New Delhi| Jagran Health Desk: The World Hand Hygiene Day 2021 is celebrated across the globe today (May 5) to mark the importance of maintaining hand hygiene, which becomes more important amid the time when the world is reeling under the cascading effect of coronavirus. The main objective of this day is to make people aware of the importance of cleaning hands and maintaining hygiene. This day is also observed to bring people together in support of hand hygiene improvement around the globe.
According to the World Health Organization, hand hygiene should be performed in a most effective way so that it prevents the transmission of infectious organisms during health care delivery. This year, the theme for World Hand Hygiene Day is, « Achieving hand hygiene at the point of care. » The slogan of World Hand Hygiene Day is, « Seconds save lives – clean your hands! » WHO also says that everyone should make washing and keeping hand clean a habit as it helps to protect us all from diseases.
Ahead of World Hand Hygiene Day, here is a step-wise guide on how to wash hands properly to keep the coronavirus at bay by CDC and WHO:
Step 2: After this, you need to use the soap in an effective manner so that it covers all the area of your hands.
Step 3: Now, you need to use water and lather it well by covering your fingertips, palm, wrist and nails.
Step 6: Now, dry your hands with a towel or you can also let them air dry.
Step 7: Now, do not touch the faucet with bare hands, use a clean tissue to turn it off.
– World Hand Hygiene Day 2021: Check these step to know how to wash your hands properly to prevent COVID-19 …
– World Hand Hygiene Day 2021: History, theme and significance of this day and messages to share
– Savanna-La-Mar Hospital Promoting Hand Hygiene Best Practices
– World Hand Hygiene Day: A reminder against complacency
– Hand Hygiene Is Not Only For COVID-19 – It's For Life
– Call to focus on effective hand hygiene
– Some hand dryers can increase bacteria on hands by 255pc – HSE infection expert
– Hand hygiene— a cheap, simple & effective means to prevent varied infections