The MRI for Jazz guard Donovan Mitchell’s right ankle sprain revealed no structural damage and he is expected to miss several games before his return, per ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
Mitchell was helped off the court by two teammates Friday afternoon after he took a hard fall and landed on his lower right leg. He was not able to put any weight on his leg when he was helped off the court.
Mitchell’s initial X-rays were negative when ESPN reported that Mitchell suffered a low ankle sprain. When Mitchell left the game, he had 22 points, four rebounds and two assists.
Before Mitchell left the game with the injury, he had been averaging 36.8 points per game over his previous five appearances, according to Marc Stein of the New York Times. Mitchell is averaging 26.4 points, 4.4 rebounds and 5.2 assists per game this season.
The Jazz (42-14) sit in first place in the NBA Western Conference, hold the best record in the league and have won eight of their last 10 games.
Nick Saban was all over the place during Alabama’s spring scrimmage in front of over 47,000 fans, going from trolling the offense to almost getting trampled.
Barcelona dominated Athletic Bilbao on Saturday by a 4–0 score, with two goals scored by Lionel Messi.
The former WNBA champ and current New Orleans Pelicans executive has an honest conversation about being a Black woman in sports.
Villanova cut Delaware’s lead by one score with three minutes left Saturday thanks to a wild, Madden-glitch style touchdown.
Infielder Scott Kazmar Jr. last played in the major leagues on Sept. 23, 2008 with the Padres before being called up by the Braves on Saturday.
Norwich City is the first second-division team this year to earn promotion into the Premier League for next season.
Bayern Munich manager Hansi Flick announced that he plans to leave the club at the end of the season.
– Jazz's Donovan Mitchell out at least one week with 'significant' ankle sprain
– Jazz star Donovan Mitchell is latest injured NBA player; is schedule to blame?
– Report: Donovan Mitchell's MRI Reveals No Structural Damage, But Will Miss Games
– Coverage of the NBA continues on Saturday night as the Utah Jazz visit the Los Angeles Lakers, live on Sky Sports Mix …
– NBA highlights on Apr. 16: Donovan Mitchell's injury hurts Jazz
– Jazz star Donovan Mitchell's MRI reveals no structural damage to ankle
– Betting preview for Saturday's NBA games
– No Structural Damage To Mitchell's Right Ankle
– Donovan Mitchell To Miss Several Games After MRI Reveals No Structural Damage To Ankle
– Utah Jazz vs LA Lakers: Injury Report, Predicted Lineups and Starting 5s – April 17th, 2021 | NBA Season 2020-21