Keeping the massive spike in COVID-19 cases in mind, the BS Yediyurappa government in Karnataka has imposed a night curfew in Bengaluru, Mysuru, Mangaluru, Kalaburagi, Bidar, Tumkuru, Udupi and Manipal between 10 pm – 5 am from April 10 to 20.
The Karnataka government on Wednesday imposed Section 144 of CrPC in Bengaluru city limits from Thursday (April 8) onwards. The state government also prohibited the operation of amenities such as swimming pools, gymnasiums, party halls in apartment/residential complexes in the limits of Bengaluru city.
“Prohibit operation of amenities like Swimming Pool, Gymnasium, Party Halls, etc in apartment/residential complexes in limits of Bengaluru City,” the order from the Karnataka government said.
“Rallies and demonstrations for any purpose by any group are prohibited across the city till April 20 to strictly comply with the Covid appropriate behaviour,” city police commissioner Kamal Pant had said in the order.
“Public functions and group prayers or any type of celebration in places of worship are also banned till April 20 to check the infection,” said Pant.
As per the notification by the state chief secretary on Sunday, gyms and swimming pools will be allowed to function with only up to 50 per cent of their capacity at a time to ensure physical distancing and prevent crowding.
– Night curfew imposed in several Karnataka cities – know what is allowed, what is banned
– 'Night corona curfew' in Bengaluru, 6 other districts in Karnataka from Saturday
– Night Curfew In Bengaluru, 6 Other Cities In Karnataka From Saturday
– Karnataka imposes corona curfew from 10pm to 5am in 8 cities from April 10
– Karnataka govt imposes 'corona curfew' in Bengaluru and 6 other cities from Saturday. Know details
– Karnataka COVID Restrictions: Night curfew imposed in Bengaluru, 7 other cities as cases rise; know timings here
– "Night Corona Curfew" imposed in some Karnataka district centres from April 10 to 20: CM
– Karnataka registers 6570 coronavirus cases, 36 deaths take toll to 12767
– Coronavirus: Night curfew imposed in Bengaluru, six other Karnataka districts
– Karnataka CM BS Yediyurappa Orders Corona Curfew in 8 Districts, Including Bengaluru and Mysuru, from April 10