Commuters in Mumbai will now have to pay higher fare for auto-rickshaws and taxis. There has been an increase of ₹3 in both auto-rickshaw and taxi fares, according to the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Transport Authority (MMRTA) on Monday.
The minimum fare for an auto-rickshaw journey has increased from ₹18 to ₹21 while the minimum fare for a taxi ride has increased from ₹22 to ₹25.
The approval for the increase in minimum base fare was given by MMRTA in its meeting on Monday.
Officials from the transport department, including the transport commissioner Avinash Dhakne, refused to confirm, deny or comment on the increase in fare as transport minister Anil Parab is expected to make an official announcement.
“The minimum fare of auto-rickshaws and taxis in the city has increased. It was an old proposal that has got approval,” said a senior Regional Transport Official (RTO), requesting anonymity.
– Taxi, Auto Fares Increased by Rs 3 in Mumbai Metropolitan Region as Fuel Prices Rise
– Mumbai: Commuters may have to pay higher auto, taxi fares
– Now, shell out more for taxi, auto-rickshaw rides in Mumbai
– Auto, taxi fares hiked by Rs 3 in Mumbai Metropolitan Region
– Base fare for auto, taxi hiked by Rs 3 in Mumbai
– Mumbai: Base fares for autos and taxis rise by Rs 3
– Mumbai: Base fares of taxis, auto-rickshaws increased by Rs. 3
– Base fare for Mumbai auto, taxi hiked by Rs 3
– Base fares of auto, taxi in Mumbai hiked by INR 3 amid the increase in fuel rates
– Mumbai: Auto, taxi fares hiked by Rs 3 amid rise in price of petrol and diesel