News Corp is a network of leading companies in the worlds of diversified media, news, education, and information services.
JOSE MOURINHO has hit back at Mesut Ozil’s dig that he would rather retire than play for Tottenham – by saying he would not want him anyway.
At his bullish press conference this afternoon, the Special One also slammed Fulham for moaning they only had 48 hours to prepare for Wednesday night’s hastily-rearranged clash at Tottenham.
The original fixture on December 30 was called off less than three hours before kick off due to a Covid outbreak in the Cottagers camp.
It will now take place tomorrow after Tottenham’s scheduled clash at Aston Villa became the latest fixture to fall due to coronavirus – this time in the Villa squad.
This has left the visitors unhappy as they say had they known they would be playing a match this week they would have fielded a different line-up for their FA Cup third-round tie at QPR on Saturday.
This is despite the Cottagers making seven changes to their team and playing several fringe stars in a 2-0 win at the Hoops.
When asked if he could understand Fulham’s frustration, Mourinho said: “Are you serious? They had 48 hours to prepare for this game.
“Look I heard the news that I was not going to play them two hours before the game was due to start.”
But Mourinho said: “What more do I have to say to stop this talk? I told you already he is going nowhere.
“He has played in recent matches. He didn’t play in the last one at Marine because it was a decision to let others play.
“Tomorrow he is selected again and if someone is speaking about him going to other clubs, my advice is don’t lose your time.”
Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click this link: thesun.co.uk/editorial-complaints/
– Jose Mourinho's brutal Mesut Ozil put down after Arsenal star said he would rather retire than play for Tottenham
– 7.30pm Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Gunners 'should target' £90m Grealish, Aubameyang on his poor form, Balogun …
– Mesut Ozil 'willing' to terminate Arsenal contract to secure move away
– Mikel Arteta learns amount he can spend as Arsenal's January transfer budget 'emerges'
– Mesut Ozil willing to leave money on the table to depart Arsenal this month
– Arsenal's transfer budget for January emerges as Mikel Arteta told how much he can spend
– Mesut Ozil could give up millions to hasten Arsenal departure, report says
– Ozil to Fenerbahce transfer is 'closer than ever' says sporting director Emre as Arsenal exit nears
– Ozil will only move to Turkey for Fenerbahce: Agent
– Ozil told me “I am going to play for Fenerbahce” says agent