Kelechi Iheanacho’s stunning finish earned injury-ravaged Leicester City a point but Brendan Rodgers’s side were indebted to their title-winning goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel for making several world-class saves to stop them slipping to a third defeat inside a week.
The 34-year-old was in inspired form to keep Burnley at bay and get Leicester at least partly back on track in the race to qualify for the Champions League after successive home defeats, in the Europa League by Slavia Prague last Thursday and in the Premier League on Sunday by Arsenal.
“I said in the changing room afterwards, he is one that is constantly there,” Rodgers said of his No 1. “He’s been brilliant in my whole time here. There are moments when it looks as if
– Kasper Schmeichel heroics help injury-ravaged Leicester stop the rot
– Kelechi Iheanacho's screamer for Leicester lights up draw at Burnley
– How the points were shared at Turf Moor
– Man United, Leicester Stumble To Draws In Premier League
– Manchester United, injury-hit Leicester held to draws
– Depleted Leicester battle for a draw at Burnley
– PREMIER LEAGUE Phenomenal Iheanacho Rescues Point for Leicester at Burnley
– Kelechi Iheanacho's stunner cancels out Matej Vydra's first goal in more than a year as Leicester battle to hard-fought …
– Three things we learned: Burnley – Leicester