News Corp is a network of leading companies in the worlds of diversified media, news, education, and information services.
Meanwhile Chelsea have reportedly re-joined the race for Jadon Sancho, with Manchester United still leading the way for the England winger.
Cristiano Ronaldo is said prefer a homecoming with Sporting Lisbon once his Juventus contract expires.
And Borussia Dortmund starlet Erling Haaland is still the hot topic in the world of transfers, with Real Madrid reportedly in the frame for his signature.
That is according to Italian journalist Claudio Raimondi, who claims Ronaldo will turn down a comeback to either Manchester United or Real Madrid in favour of Sporting next year.
“There are no conditions for Ronaldo to leave Juventus, especially from a personal level and of connecting to all sponsors.
“Ronaldo has an idea for the future and I reveal it first hand. He wants to end the cycle at Juventus and then play two years for Sporting”
Manchester City have advanced to the Champions League final for the first time in their history.
City defeated Paris Saint-Germain 2-0 at the Etihad following last week’s 2-1 win at Parc des Prines.
Riyad Mahrez opened the scoring after only 11 minutes and doubled the Citzens’ lead on 63 minutes.
PSG, who had Kylian Mbappe on the bench due to a calf injury, lost Angel Di Maria to a red card in the second half
Manchester City have doubled their lead at the Etihad and are just inches away from the Champions League final.
Riyad Mahrez scored a second goal on 63 minutes and Paris Saint-Germain are at a major disadvantage as Angel Di Maria was sent off and Kylian Mbappe is still on the bench due to a calf injury.
City lead 4-1 on aggregate, which means PSG will have to score three goals in the next 20 minutes.
If the Citizens hold on then they will face either Real Madrid or Chelsea in the final
Manchester City lead 1-0 against Paris Saint-Germain in their Champions League semi-final second leg at the Etihad thanks to Riyad Mahrez’s opener.
City are also 3-1 ahead on aggregate following their 2-1 win last week at Parc des Princes.
Manchester United are working with the Football Association, the Premier League, Greater Manchester Police and local authorities to establish how fans managed to breach Old Trafford.
According to Goal, United are also set to issue their own sanctions to anyone they identify as having engaged in violent behaviour or criminal damage.
This comes after Greater Manchester Police confirmed that a man has been charged following Sunday’s protest by Manchester United fans at The Lowry Hotel.
Meanwhile, fans seem set to hold more demonstrations ahead of the Red Devils’ last three home matches
That is according to sporting director Sebastian Kehl, who stated that Haaland is happy to stay put at Dortmund.
Kehl said: “I understand that Erling Haaland will play for Borussia Dortmund in the new season.
“Erling totally agrees. I see him every day and I can say that he completely identifies with the club”
Former Manchester United player Luke Chadwick believes the Glazers are going to sell after the recent protests because things have reached a “point of no return”.
Chadwick told Caught Offside: « I think a lot’s been made of it and rightly so, it’s huge news. I’ve never known that before, a game being called off because of protests.
“The frustration’s been there since 2005 when the Glazers took over, 16 years ago. There was massive protests back then. I think things have moved forward but I don’t feel like they’ve ever really been accepted because of what they were doing and their reasons behind coming into Manchester United and taking it over.
“They’ve not really been seen around the club for years on end. I think the whole [European] Super League situation really boiled things over, the lack of communication with the fans, the players, the management team, nobody knew about it, and I think that’s really drove things over the edge now and it’s a point of no return.”
Hostilities towards the Glazer family, United’s owners, have been growing ever since the failed European Super League project, which led to a heated protest at Old Trafford and The Lowry Hotel.
Fans have shared an open letter, which states that they will boycott sponsors, such as Chevrolet, Adidas, DHL and Marriott Hotels.
The letter read: “Manchester United fans will boycott your products, seek to tarnish your brands and support your competitors until you terminate your commercial partnership with the Glazer family.
“The global Manchester United fanbase is passionate but loyal. We [need] sponsors to realise that partnering with the failed Glazer ownership undermines ‘association with success’ and [if they] were to leave, then we’re sure United fans would once again embrace these companies for standing up for the values of the football club”
Intense demonstrations asking for KSE to sell Arsenal after the failed formation of the European Super League are unlikely to lead to any immediate change.
According to Eurosport, majority shareholder Stan Kroenke will try to ease tensions by splashing the cash in the summer transfer window.
However, the Gunners’ current status won’t help them attract many top stars, especially if they fail to qualify for the Champions League.
The north Londoners are ninth in the Premier League table and need to win the Europa League to advance for next season’s Champions League
According to Manchester Evening News, supporters could use United’s final three home games as a stage for more protests.
The Red Devils are scheduled to host Leicester and Fulham on May 12 and 19 respectively.
There are similar plans for the postponed derby with Liverpool, which has yet to be rescheduled
Mourinho was dismissed by Tottenham last month and is now set to replace Paulo Fonseca, who will be leaving the Giallorossi at the end of the campaign.
That is because the Portuguese coach was technically placed on « gardening leave » and thus the club was supposed to pay his reported £10.5million-a-year wages for a set amount of time until he found a new role, potentially for up to 18 months.
But now that the former Chelsea and Manchester United manager has shook hands with Roma, the north Londoners will only have to pay him for the next couple of months
United have been linked with a big-money move for Borussia Dortmund superstar Haaland ahead of the summer transfer window.
According to Sport Mediaset, however, the Red Devils see Vlahovic as a right alternative if they miss out on the Norway international.
The Serbia striker has enjoyed tremendous success this season as he has registered 21 goals in 43 matches for club and country.
However, a deal with Fiorentina won’t come cheap as the Serie A outfit demand a fee in the region of £52million
Greater Manchester Police have announced that a man has been charged following Sunday’s protest by Manchester United supporters at The Lowry Hotel.
Fans demonstrated outside the team’s hotel in Manchester, where the United squad was staying before the postponed derby against Liverpool, while others forced their way into Old Trafford to protest against the Glazer family, the club’s owners.
A statement from GMP read: “A man has been charged following a protest at The Lowry Hotel, Salford on Sunday 2 May 2021.
“Michael Anthony James Cusker (31/08/1992) of Winstanley Road, Manchester has been charged with throwing fireworks in a street, use of threatening behaviour and wilful obstruction of the highway.
“He has been bailed ahead of a court appearance at Manchester Magistrates Court on 25 May 2021.
“The incident has been referred to the Independent Office for Police Conduct to ensure complete transparency and independence in this investigation”
The Glazers look set to ignore recent protests at Old Trafford and increase Manchester United’s market value to $10bn (£7bn).
According to The Guardian, the billionaire United owners are planning to raise the club’s value by $6bn despite ongoing tensions.
The American bigwigs caused global outrage, along with 11 other elite club owners, when they tried to form the controversial European Super League – a closed format that wouldn’t allow fair competition.
That led to a number of United supporters, former players and pundits calling for the Glazers to sell the club and leave
Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel stated that there is belief they can reach the Champions League final ahead of Wednesday’s semi-final second leg at Stamford Bridge.
Tuchel also shared some injury news and confirmed Mateo Kovacic is sidelined whereas Antonio Rudiger will play with a mask
« We felt we can be stronger, now we have rested players, three days rest, the challenge is to keep the intensity going through the whole match.
« It is a semi-final, the pressure is on, a knockout game, so to arrive with a level of belief and confidence is necessary, or we will have no chance.
Neymar’s father has successfully negotiated a new five-year deal for his son at Paris Saint-Germain but the star forward wants to wait for Barcelona’s offer.
According to Sport, the Brazil international is expecting a lucrative proposal from Barca’s returning president Joan Laporta, which is why he has yet to put pen to paper on the deal his dad and PSG shook hands on.
The 29-year-old was keen to return to the Nou Camp in the summer of 2019 and seems to still be up for it.
The Brazilian enjoyed a brilliant four-year stint in Catalonia as he recorded 105 goals in 186 appearances and formed a deadly attacking trio with Luis Suarez and Lionel Messi
Marcelo has managed to catch Real Madrid’s flight to Chelsea in time after completing his election duties.
The left-back, 32, was pictured leaving the polling station this morning alongside club officials. And a video then showed him preparing to travel with his team-mates.
Now he should have no troubles lining up for Los Blancos in the crunch Champions League semi-final second leg at Stamford Bridge tomorrow.
Marcelo was randomly selected for election duty last week as voters pick their candidates for the Assembly of Madrid today.
Real Madrid applied for an exemption for the defender, who also has Spanish citizenship, but the request was denied.
📸 Marcelo leaving the polling station alongside some Real Madrid officials after fulfilling his obligations. @ RadioMARCA pic.twitter.com/zLEtEgQFi7
Current Blancos boss Zinedine Zidane could then head to Turin to replace Andrea Pirlo, it is claimed.
He said: « After meetings with the ownership, I immediately understood the full extent of their ambitions for AS Roma.
« The incredible passion of the Roma fans convinced me to accept the job and I cannot wait to start next season. »
Roma general manager Tiago Pinto has revealed why the club opted to snap up Jose Mourinho to manage the club next season.
He said: « We were blown away by Jose’s desire to win and his passion for the game.
« We are supremely confident he will be the perfect coach for our project, for both our immediate and long-term future. »
Non-league Matlock Town are the first to have made a cheeky bid for a first go at Jose Mourinho’s Roma in pre-season..!
Roma have announced the former Manchester United boss will take over from the end of the season.
𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋 🤝The club are delighted to announce an agreement has been reached with Jose Mourinho for him to become our new head coach ahead of the 2021-22 season.#ASRoma pic.twitter.com/f5YGGIVFJp
Adriano let it all out after receiving the news that he’d be inducted into the Maracana Stadium Walk of Fame.
The former Inter Milan striker, 39, retired in 2016, having become one of the most popular marksmen in football.
Upon hearing the news, Adriano was pictured in tears, seeking comfort as the emotion overwhelmed him.
And he shared the images to his Instagram page, writing: « When I received the news of the fact I will put my foot in Maracana. Thank you for everything. »
Marcos Alonso and Emerson Palmieri of Chelsea are both said to be on interest in their hunt for a new left-back, with a goalkeeper and striker such as Edin Dzeko also wanted.
Despite the club’s financial woe, a number of players are described by La Gazzetta dello Sport as untouchable.
The Borussia Dortmund striker has become the most talked about transfer story since Lionel Messi demanded Barcelona sell him last year.
Manchester United and City, Chelsea and Barcelona are all believed to have the 20-year-old at the top of their transfer wishlist.
But according to AS, it is Real Madrid who have won the race for the free-scoring sensation.
The Spanish newspaper reports that the club’s plan is to ‘bring Erling Haaland to the new Santiago Bernabeu in the summer of 2022, with the initial focus on ensuring Kylian Mbappe comes in first’.
Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click this link: thesun.co.uk/editorial-complaints/
– Man City 2 Paris Saint-Germain 0 (Agg 4-1): Riyad Mahrez's double send Citizens into first-ever Champions League final
– Chelsea bid for Erling Haaland could offer Leicester City major transfer boost
– Blow for Chelsea, Manchester clubs in Erling Haaland chase
– Transfer News: Chelsea willing to offer Timo Werner in deal to sign Erling Haaland
– Borussia Dortmund star earns second FUT 21 POTM award
– Manchester City dealt with a huge transfer blow ahead of the summer window
– Chelsea transfer round-up: Blues set to miss out on Erling Haaland and Romelu Lukaku
– Four strikers Chelsea can sign in the summer transfer window after £60m windfall
– Erling Haaland Returns, Gio Reyna Fit For RB Leipzig Clash
– How do Borussia Dortmund and RB Leipzig stack up?