Traders’ body The Confederation of All India Traders have called for a Bharat Bandh on Friday protesting against the rising fuel prices, Goods and Services Tax, E-Bill etc. All India Transporters Welfare Association (AITWA) has extended support to the call for Bharat Bandh and will hold a chakka jam on February 26.
> All commercial markets across the country will remain closed as over 40,000 traders’ associations are taking part in the bandh.
> Private transport is likely to be hit as the transporters’ association (AITWA) have asked all transport companies to park their vehicles between 6am and 8pm as a symbolic protest.
> Reports said All India Motor Transport Congress (AIMTC) and Bhaichara All India Truck Operator Welfare Association (BAITOWA) will not take part in the strike.
Review of the GST system and simplification of the tax slabs is one of the many demands of the protesters.
Transporters are joining the protest demanding scrapping of E-way bill laws and against fuel price rise. E-way bill is the permit that transporters have to carry while moving goods from one place to another. The recent amendment in the GST laws has narrowed the validity of the E-way bill by increasing distance from 100 km to 200 km per day.
Penalties for a truck carrying a consignment with an expired E-way bill, or with an erroneous E-way bill amount to 200 per cent of the tax value, or 100 per cent of the invoice value under Section 129 of CGST Act, 2017.
– Bharat Bandh on Feb 26: Commercial markets to remain shut tomorrow
– Transporters association calls for Bharat Bandh tomorrow to protest against new E-Way Bill
– Big transporters shun Bharat bandh, plan SKM-like body
– Bharat Bandh On 26 February 2021: Traders To Protest Against GST, Fuel Price Hike, E-Way Bill
– CAIT Calls For 'Bharat Bandh' On 26th February
– Bharat Bandh: Know the likely impact on Odisha
– Bharat Bandh on February 26: Indian Traders' Body to Protest Against Rising Fuel Prices, GST and E-Way Bill
– Bharat Bandh on 26 February 2021: Over 8 Crore Traders to Protest Against GST, Fuel Price Hike and E-Way Bill
– Maharashtra: Truckers to join traders' February 26 Bharat Bandh
– Bharat vyapar bandh: Business establishments in Nagaland to down shutters on February 26