Bayern Munich star Robert Lewandowski has said he knows a lot about MLS but wouldn’t be drawn on a possible move to North America in the future.
Lewandowski’s wife has said in the past that her husband is interested in ending his career in Los Angeles, which is no doubt intriguing to both LA Galaxy and Los Angeles FC.
Although the 32-year-old isn’t closing any doors, he has indicated that he is not thinking much about his long-term future right now.
In an interview with CBS Sports, the Bayern star said: « Playing in the USA? I don’t know because I don’t know what it means for me and when. For sure I know a lot about MLS because a few Polish players and also German players played there and they talk to me about the life there, but also about MLS.
« They say that every year there is a step up [in the league’s quality] and they want to be better. I don’t know what it means exactly for me personally, but I’m very happy to be here [at Bayern].
Lewandowski joined Bayern in 2014 and has gone on to become one of the club’s best ever strikers, winning The Best FIFA Men’s Player award for 2020 after leading the German giants to a treble.
The forward signed a contract extension in 2019 that will keep him with the club through the 2022-23 season.
The veteran forward has again been in incredible form in 2020-21, scoring 31 times in 30 games in all competitions. That comes after a season when Lewandowski netted 55 goals in 47 matches.
Copyright © 2021 Goal (United States) All rights reserved. The information contained in Goal (United States) may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without the prior written authority of Goal (United States)
– Bayern Munich star Lewandowski discusses potential move to MLS
– Erling Haaland could be Bayern Munich's long-term replacement for Robert Lewandowski, says Lothar Matthaus… but …
– Matthaus urges Haaland to swap BVB for Bayern
– Matthaus effectively rules Bayern Munich out of Haaland transfer running
– Haaland told Bayern Munich are 'only step for him' but Matthaus doubts deal will be done until Lewandowski leaves
– Lothar Matthaus hints at Bayern Munich move for Erling Braut Haaland
– Lothar Matthäus thinks Erling Haaland-to-Bayern Munich can't happen until Robert Lewandowski retires
– Bayern Munich star Lewandowski discusses potential transfer to MLS
– Bayern, one less rival for Madrid for Haaland
– Erling Haaland is already at top on list of top clubs, proclaims Lothar Matthaus